Green waste skip restarting from Sat 30 May, Angel Lane Car Park, 9am-3pm: more details...
How to Help
Coronavirus / COVID-19
Local Facebook Pages & Groups
Local Info - Links & Phone Numbers
- If you are a Dunmow resident in self isolation and are not able to leave the house there is a team of volunteers available to help with providing essential support such as shopping and help with collection of prescriptions. Please phone 01371 859477 where you will be put in touch with a local volunteer who will do what they can to assist.
- Yogi Pharmacy (7 Market Place, Great Dunmow, CM6 1AX)
- Ropers the Chemist (3-5 High Street, Great Dunmow, CM6 1AB)
- Angel Lane Surgery
- John Tasker House Surgery
- St Mary's Church
- Council for Voluntary Service Uttlesford – The Community Hub & Foodbank
- Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau (Great Dunmow)
- Uttlesford Volunteering Hub
03333 408 218 (8am-8pm, Monday to Friday)
- East Herts Citizens Advice Bureau
03444 111444 (10am-4pm, Monday to Friday)
01920 459944 (leave a message)
- We have taken the difficult decision to close the following facilities until further notice: E.T. Foakes Memorial Hall, Dourdan Pavilion, Tourist Information Office, all play equipment areas
- The Town Council offices at Foakes House are now closed until further notice. All office staff are working from home so we are still contactable. By email is best:
- The Tuesday market in the town is still running as stalls selling essentials, e.g. food and groceries, are allowed to stay open.
- The post office in May & Brett is closed until further notice. Nearest post office is in Felsted.
- Flitch Way clarification: here's a link to the Full Essex Definitive Map that shows all right of way across the county that shows the relevant sections of the Flitch Way. It may also be of use to locals if they want to explore the more little used paths in the country side on their daily exercise. Essex has nearly 4000 miles of designated paths that make up one of the largest rights of way networks in the country.
Lots of businesses in Great Dunmow and surrounding areas are now offering takeaway services for food, drinks, etc. Go online to search for the business that you want to use, or alternatively give them a call.
You can also find regular updates and offers from local businesses on our Facebook page.
Great Dunmow is an ancient market town in north-west Essex with an estimated population (2008) of 8,480. The Town Council consists of 16 members: 7 representing the North Ward and 9 for the South Ward.
Extensive public open spaces are administered by the Council, as well as the E.T. Foakes Memorial Hall, the Dourdan Pavilion and other buildings.
The Town Council actively defends, promotes and represents Great Dunmow - working hard to ensure the town motto of May Dunmow Prosper continues to be a reality in the future.